Damian is a member of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee in the House of Commons.
The cross-party Committee has the responsibility to scrutinise the work of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and its associated public bodies. The Committee examines government policy, spending and administration on behalf of the electorate and the House of Commons.
This year will undoubtedly bring with it some major policy challenges in the world of DCMS, with online safety, the future of public sector broadcasting, sports governance and gambling all likely to feature high up on the agenda.
The Committee currently has eight enquiries:
- Appointment of Richard Sharp as Chair of the BBC.
- Minority Languages.
- Gambling Regulation.
- Women’s Sports.
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and the Blockchain.
- Safety at Major Sporting Events.
- Connected Tech: Smart or Sinister?
- Sustainability of Local Journalism.